The American Wirehair is a mutation of the American shorthair, thus they are similar to them. They are medium-sized cats with muscular and heave bones body.
The American Wirehair cats are strong and somebody can notice this at a glance to their body: broad chest, muscular neck, and strong mouth, thick and strong legs. Their coat is similar to the American shorthair as well with only difference the thick, rather hard texture. They have round heads with usually golden eyes and pronounced muzzles. Their coat colors cover almost all possible colors.
The American Wirehair cats are cute, calmed, gentle and playful cats. They are excellent pets, adapting easily to new environment and family. They are affectionate, playful, but they can play alone as well if you don’t answer to their playing invitation. They get well with other pets and with children as soon as your children treat them gently.
They do not need grooming almost at all, but if you teach them since kittens to accept water, they can accept having a bath when adults as well and face it as a part of their routine and game. Regular nail trimming, teeth brushing and ear cleaning is recommended like with all cats, and of course, do not forget the annual vaccination. In general the American Wirehair cats are considered to be a healthy breed.
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020