The American curl originated in California as result of a spontaneous mutation. Its main characteristic is their unusual ears curling back from the face toward the back of its skull.American curl is a medium sized strong cat. The kittens are born with straight ears and they start curl after 2nd week of life. When they reach four months their ears curl no longer and they are well shaped and hard. Though, they should be handled carefully to not damage the cartilage in the ear.
American curls have soft, silky coat, both short and longhair, but especially the longhair have a beautiful plumed tail. The coat color varies and they have almost all, from chocolate smoke to silver and lilac.
They are extremely gentle and friendly personalities and are considered to be ideal pets even for little children. American curls are curious, playful but also loyal and affectionate.
American curls have not recorded genetic health problems but their ears require cleaning to prevent infections. Though, you should be careful to not damage their ears, so you better ask for a veterinarian’s advice to show you how to do it correctly.They do not require special care, but you need to brush them weekly.American curls are ideal pets to stay indoor so at the same time is protected by any kind of attacks (dogs, other cats, diseases, even people that would like to adopt such a beautiful cat).
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020