The Munchkin is a breed with main characteristic the very short legs. It is quite new breed with natural genetic mutation that results the short legs. They are small to medium-sized cats and apart from the short legs they have all the characteristics of other cats. There are short and long-haired Munchkin cats with a silky coat in almost all colors and patterns. Their short legs do not affect their running or leaping abilities; they are active like all other cats.
The Munchkin cats are sweet, playful, outgoing, intelligent and loyal. They get along very well with children and other cats or dogs. They love playing but enjoy their time jumping in your lap. It is better you have your Munchkin cat living indoor to protect from exterior dangers. One characteristic of the Munchkin cats is their ability to perch on their hind legs like dogs.
The Munchkin cats are in general healthy and they are easy to groom. They require weekly brushing or more often if they are long-haired. To complete their care, you better train them since kittens to accept nail trimming, ear cleaning and teeth brushing, and of course their annual vaccination.
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020