The Toyger is a domestic cat, result of breeding shorthaired tabbies to look like “toy tiger” back to 1980s. Toygers have medium-sized cats with medium-length legs and muscular and athletic bodies. They have medium-sized oval heads with small round ears, rounded medium sized eyes, well defined muzzle and very long tail.
Toygers coat is short, mackerel tabby, very dark markings on bright pumpkin on ground color. The body stripes are vertically aligned with markings on legs, neck and tail. Paw pads and tail tip are black. Facial stripes must be circularly aligned around the face with black “mascara” markings around the eyes.
Toygers are generally healthy with no specific recorded health problems associated with the breed. Annual vaccination is required. Moreover, they do require little grooming: weekly brushing to remove the dead hair of this shorthaired cat is enough. Their care includes more the usual cat’s care: nail trimming, ear cleaning and teeth brushing would be ideal if you can train him since kitten to protect him from periodontal diseases.
Toygers are friendly, easygoing and playful cats. They are very active and intelligent and they love spending time with family members either for playing or being petted. They get along very well with children and cat-friendly dogs especially if they are introduced when they are kittens and they are treated with respect.
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020