The Burmilla is a crossed breed between a Chinchilla Persian cat and a Burmese one. Burmillas are medium-sized cats with elegant bodies, muscular and a beautiful silver coat. They have rounded heads, large expressive eyes, usually green. One special characteristic is the “make up” line around their eyes. Their ears are of medium size with rounded tips, their nose is short, their legs are of medium length and the hind legs are a little longer than the front. Their paws are oval and their tails are medium to long.
Most commonly Burmillas are short haired cats; though there are semi-long haired too. Their coat is very soft, silky, even more in the semi-long haired ones that also have a large plumed tail. Their coat color might be black, blue, brown, chocolate and lilac.
Burmillas are easy going cats, sociable and playful. They get along well with children and other pets, as soon as they are introduced gently, and they are affectionate. They love people’s attention so they might appear to be quite demanding to attract your attention. It is best for them to live in a controlled environment and do not go outdoors without surveillance.
Burmillas do not require any special care; brushing once per week though it would be ideal. In general they are healthy cats and annual vaccination is required to keep them this way.
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020