The Chartreux breed is a domestic cat from France, well known for their blue-grey coat and the orange eyes.They are rather large size, muscular cats with round heads, medium size ears, the characteristic for the breed orange eyes and a short of smiling expression due to their head’s structure.
The Chartreux cats of course they are famous for their blue short hair double coats with a woolen texture. And this coat needs regular combing to remain beautiful, especially more often during the shedding months.
The Chartreux cats are gentle, peaceful, loyal usually to one person of the family whom they can follow all around the house and attend his/her activities. They are also playful, intelligent and very good mice hunters. They are getting along perfectly with children, even small ones; just you need to observe that the kids treat him gently. They are affectionate, loving and rarely make any kind of noise. They also get along well with dogs as soon as the introduction is smooth.
The Chartreux cats are healthy in general, they get mature quite late and they do not need some special care, apart from their annual vaccination. Their coat needs care more, as mentioned above, and as with most of cats, nails trimming and teeth brushing would be perfect for them.
The Chartreux cats is a quite rare breed, have its position in French culture and some myths are associated with these cats referring their connection with the Carthusian monastic order.
Latest posts by Emily Bachmann (see all)
- Why Cat Urine Smells So Bad — and My Best Tips on What You Can Do About It 👃 - June 16, 2020
- How to Use Cat Pee as a Mouse Deterrent (5 Tips) 🐭 - June 14, 2020
- What You Can and Cannot Expect from Spaying or Neutering Your Cat - June 8, 2020
- Q&A: How to Solve Common Litter Box Problems 😼 - June 6, 2020
- 3 Astonishingly Simple Ways to Stop Your Cat Peeing On The Bed Tomorrow 🛌 - June 3, 2020